Friday, April 20, 2007

Week Four, Day Six

Friday ...
We wake and four of the six of us pack up. I've become quite good at traveling light and being able to pack quickly (and in the dark, no less) thanks to these trips. Raymond, Lonnie, George, and Doug say their goodbyes and head off to continue working on siding and the day looks like a good one for the task. The camp cat, Lady Marmalade, stops by and says her goodbyes, too.

She's a stray that was rescued and adopted by the crew here. She's very friendly and very bold and seems to be at ease with the amount of energy and activity going on around her. She is NOT shy, and is aptly named.

Ella, Mark, Nate, and I hit the road at 8:10am and by 9:40am, we roll into Cafe Du Monde, where a parking spot right in front seems to be waiting just for us.


Along the way through the French Quarter, I point out The Court Of Two Sisters, Pat O'Briens, and Royal and Bourbon Streets. After Mark drops us all off at the airport, I hope he'll head back to Royal Street and maybe find the Hurricane Museum that Kevin and I visited during Week #2 '06.

Nate is the first out of the van. He'll be leaving for Europe ... tomorrow ... so our wishes for safe travels are for all the planes he'll be on in the next 24 hours. Ella hops out at the American gate and I look forward to seeing her in the office as we swap photos and references from this past week. I depart at the United gate and hand the keys over to Mark. I envy the day that I think he'll have, but I'm ready to go home to my family, my shower, and to meet by brand new Niece.

Soooooooooo ... waddya say we meet up again in August? I know this great little town that has lots of really cool things to do that'd keep ya' plenty busy all day long and has some pretty terrific food, too ... plus the Starbucks on Pass Road will probably be open by then. ;-)
************************************************************************************** My thanks to the company for agreeing to continue to stand behind this program for 2007. My gratitude to my division's sales team in the Americas, led by Tom, for their (and specifically *his*) unwavering support and encouragement.

A large round of applause as I introduce the first 2007 volunteers: Raymond "Hula Hoop" M., "Right On" Lonnie M., Ella "Peanut Butter" M., Mark "Broccoli" K., and Nate "Red Dog 2" H.

Enthusiastic gushes to my inner-circle of support, who provided me a lifeline to the goings-on outside of Biloxi, along with e-mails, jokes, and positive vibes throughout the week.

Take fun. Have care. Be good. - Jules

No comments: